Academic education cannot exist without scientific research, especially at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture. Research topics at this faculty are both numerous and various. They encompass the complete scope from fundamental long-term research to bilateral research in close cooperation with the industry. An important part of the research happens on an international level: international projects or cooperation with universities or companies abroad.
Research institutes and knowledge centres
The faculty's research and academic staff participates in numerous research institutes and knowledge centres.
Research in numbers
- 12 departments;
- more than 50 research teams;
- in all about 950 researchers;
- 165 full-time and 60 part-time professors;
- about 250 supporting members of staff (administration and technical staff);
- more than 100 Doctoral Degree’s per year;
- more than 700 international publications per year.
Since 2000 the faculty organises a yearly Research symposium where future Doctors of Engineering propose their research activities. On the one hand the symposium forms a forum where researchers can get in touch with each other, on the other hand it gives outsiders and students a clear picture of the wide variety of research done at the faculty.
The wide variety of research activities at the faculty is possible thanks to an equally wide variety of financial resources.
The most important financial resources are:
- doctoral scholarships;
- projects aimed at fundamental long-term research;
- projects on an industrial or social level, often in cooperation with companies, institutions for higher education, universities;
- bilateral projects with companies;
- projects on an international level;
- international research mobility (Marie Curie programme).