About the faculty
The Faculty of Engineering and Architecture is one of the largest faculties of Ghent University. It combines state-of-the-art research with top-notch education in all significant engineering and architecture fields. The faculty strongly focusses on international relations. It offers a wide array of master's programmes taught in English and is active in all major exchange programmes. Through research collaboration and educational links with top European institutions, the faculty strives to further enhance its international perspective.
International relations office
The International Relations Office (IRO) is the first point of contact for all international students and staff. The IRO can give you practical information or refer you to another contact person.
Faculty student administration (FSA)
The Faculty Student Administration (FSA) is the place to be for all paperwork and administration regarding your studies.
The dean's office is the faculty's administrative secretariate. One of its tasks is to prepare and conclude the agenda items for the Faculty Council's meetings. It also implements the decisions of the University Administration that concern the faculty.
Councils and committees
- Faculty Board
- Education Quality Control Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Study Programme Committees
- Examination Committees
- Faculty Committee for Internationalisation
- Scientific Research Committee (CWO)
- Faculty Doctoral Training Programme Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Internship Committee
- OAP Board
- Faculty Board for Engineering Students (in Dutch)
The faculty's departments are organized around the different research topics that the faculty is active in.
Facilities at the faculty
- VTK: faculty's student organisation
- Centaura: Campus Kortrijk
- EcLiptica: Campus Kortrijk
- Hermes: Campus Schoonmeersen
- DLK: architecture
- Poutrix: civil engineering
- MaChT: chemical engineering and materials science
- CenEka: computer science and electrical engineering
- IEEE Student Branch: electrical engineering
- Vereniging voor Natuurkunde: applied phyiscs
- Pkarus: electromechanical engineering
- BEST: Board of European Students of Technology
- IAESTE: International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience