Information for prospective students

If you are a degree seeking student and would like to apply, be aware that the programme is taught in Dutch and that you need to pass the entrance examination and have a favorable ranking in order to subscribe for the Bachelor and/or the Master programme.

Academic Admission requirements

For PhD-students:

For clinical rotation:

- Your university needs to have an agreement with our faculty (check this with your exchange coordinator at your university).

- You are in your final year of study at the time of the exchange period.

For research stay/ master dissertation:

- You should be accepted by a UGent professor at the faculty. 

For degree students:

Language requirements

It's beneficial as a student to have sufficient knowledge of English (CEF B2-level or higher) to be able to communicate and acquire knowledge at our faculty.  In order to check the obtained level of English, kindly provide us with a language certificate

How to apply? 

For a PhD

For clinical rotation:

We advise you to submit your application for:

  1. spring semester: before 15 November
  2. winter semester: before 15 May

For all other exchange programmes:

we advise you to submit your application at least two months prior to the start of your stay.  After submission kindly send an email to

For degree students:

Housing facilities

The Housing office of Ghent University rents out rooms, studios and flats. It caters to international (exchange and Erasmus) students, staff and visitors. We also inform and advise about the private rented market

On campus facilities

Faculty library

The library is situated in the faculty building (entrance 2) on the 1st floor.


    There are 2 pc-classrooms on campus Merelbeke

    Study room

    Quiet study places:

    • the library
    • the museum of the department Morfology
    • the restaurant

    University life - facilities we have to offer!

    As a registered Ghent University student, you have access to university restaurants, sport facilities, culture and so much more at a reduced fee. 


    As a registered exchange or Erasmus student you are insured by the Ghent University for travelling from and to the university halls and all activities concerning your academic stay at the university halls.

    You are legally obliged to have a health insurance during your stay in Belgium.

    Liability insurance for all activities outside the university is strongly recommended. 

    Locations and transportation

    The main campus of the faculty is situated at the Salisburylaan 133 in Merelbeke (Belgium)