Ombudsperson and confidential person

Experiencing problems? You can turn to these people and services.

For students and PhD students: ombudsperson


Here's what you can contact the ombudsperson for:

  • to relieve your feelings on certain situations
  • with problems and complaints about classes, exercises, syllabi, exams, ... you can not settle with the teacher or assistants
  • for independent mediation in case of a dispute with a professor or assistant
  • with problems related to examination schedules
  • for advice when illness, an accident of personal and family problems affect your studies
  • for explanation of your rights and obligations as a student


The ombudsperson:

  • will investigate your complaint
  • will try to reach a solution in the interest of all parties
  • assures complete discretion
  • undertakes nothing without the consent of the student
  • works closely with the faculty study counselor

For students at Campus Coupure

For students at Campus Kortrijk

For students at Campus Schoonmeersen

For PhD students

For staff and PhD students: confidential person


Here's what you can contact the confidential person for:

  • You need someone to talk to
  • You experience stress, problems to cooperate, conflicts or unwanted behavior at work (such as bullying, violence and sexual harassment)

The confidential contacts are bound by duty of discretion and act as the first point of contact for employees who experience psychosocial risks such as undesirable behaviour at work, stress, cooperation problems, conflicts, ... They offer employees a listening ear and inform them about possible solution paths. To ensure objectivity, independence and neutrality, the confidential contact is neither a union representative nor a member of a governing body.


Inappropriate behavior: Trustpunt

Trustpunt listens. See what they can do for you: