The regulatory framework of elective courses can be found in Article 42 of the Education and Examination Code (OER).
- Submitting a personal curriculum proposal
- Changing an established curriculum
- Questions? Contact the Learning Track Counsellor
Step 1: Read the FAQ ‘Curriculum’ !
Step 2: Choose your courses
Course catalogue: http://studiegids.ugent.be/current/EN/
- Consult the course catalogue 2016-2017 to see which mandatory courses you still need to follow, for how many credit units you still need to choose optional courses, and from which lists you are allowed to choose optional courses.
- Make an inventory of the optional courses you wish to follow and check the course schedules to make sure there is no overlap with mandatory or other optional courses. Course schedules are available in the course catalogue (upper right corner). If the course schedules are not complete yet, ask your coordinator when the schedules will be ready
- If you are allowed and want to follow courses at other Faculties, please contact the responsible professor and ask when the course will take place (day, time, place) and whether you have permission to follow the course.
- Once you have decided on your personal curriculum, next step is to submit your proposal in OASIS so it can be evaluated by the Curriculum Committee.
Step 3: Submit a personal curriculum proposal in OASIS
- Log in on OASIS-website. The start page opens; if necessary change to Student (in the grey banner on the top of the window).
- Enroll – if not done yet– for the next academic year
- You can re-enrol online from the day after your proclamation. Deadline is 30 September 2016! After that day you need the permission of the Curriculum Committee that will require a correct, academically acceptable, justified explanation for late re-enrolment.
- Go to the menu AY 2016-2017 - Curriculum and select the menu option Re-enrol.
- In the list of your current programmes, click on re-enrol (in the column Action) next to the programme in which you wish to re-enrol.
- Complete the form and click on Confirm Enrolment. Confirm once more by clicking Yes. After you are re-enrolled, you will receive an email in your UGent inbox. This email contains an overview of your re-enrolment, the initial tuition fee and additional, important information!!
- Compose your curriculum
- Go to the menu AY 2016-2017 - Curriculum and select the menu option Edit Curriculum (LA)
- Select Curriculum in the column Action to open your curriculum
- In the window that opens, Choose the tab Edit this year’s curriculum
- Complete your curriculum by adding courses you want to take and deleting courses you want to postpone to next academic year.
- Check your curriculum for the last time. Is everything according to the regulations? Are there no overlapping courses?
- After you have completed your curriculum, click save and close
- Submit your proposal for approval
- After submitting, the status of your curriculum proposal changes from draft to proposal ! Once the status has changed to proposal you cannot edit your proposal anymore. So, as long as your proposal is not final, do not submit.
- If your curriculum proposal is final, submit it for approval before the 1st of October. Select the study programme of which you want to submit your curriculum by checking the check box in the left column.
- Click the button "Submit for approval"
Any requests to change an established curriculum (i.e. adding and/or removing course units) need to be submitted by the student to the Curriculum Committee by e-mail (contact person: Learning Track Counsellor).
before 15 November for first-term course units
before 1 March for second-term and full-year course units
- Campus Coupure (Bioscience Engineering & English taught master programmes):
- Campus Schoonmeersen (Industrial Engineering)
- Campus Kortrijk (Industrial Engineering):