Hot topic lectures
- The Center for Statistics at Ghent University is delighted to invite you to join us for a Big Data Science Symposium on Monday May 11th, 2015
Join our brilliant cast from Berkeley, Brest, Harvard, Oxford, Melbourne, Stanford, Sydney ... as they shed new light on the world of statistics and Big Data.
A "hot topics" lecture has been organized especially for PhD students: "opening up research for global access: semiparametric regression for streaming data" by prof. Matt Wand.
- On Friday May 8th, we further invite students and colleagues with some mathematical statistical background to take part in a short course with prof. Matt Wand on `Real-time semiparametric regression through variational approximations'. Theoretical and practical aspects of performing computations for data coming in as a stream will be discussed.
Please register these events at http://www.bigdatascience.ugent.be/
- Overview of the Doctoral Training Programme
- Course catalogue
- Registration and recognition of courses
- Funding for courses
- Annual submission of the progress report
- Final submission of the curriculum
Supported by the Flemish Government