Language requirements at Ghent University for professorial staff

It’s important to note that a level of familiarity with the Dutch language is required for all professors by the Higher Education Codex of Flanders – even if you teach in English. Ghent University can help you fulfill this requirement.

Ghent University offers a Dutch language curriculum

Teaching language

Professors and educational staff teaching courses in English must have CEFR C1-level proficiency in the language. Those teaching in Dutch must also have CEFR C1-level proficiency in this language. Learn more about the university’s language requirements.

Administrative language

The Higher Education Codex imposes a language requirement for Dutch CEFR level B2 on each member of the academic staff who is charged with a teaching assignment.