Accommodation for ITP students

ITP’s are VLIR-recognised programs lasting 2 weeks to 3 months, with a focus on increasing the practical knowledge and skills of young professionals in a development-relevant domain, enabling them to contribute to the development of their home region

Location of the living units

      Terms and conditions

      When you apply for a living unit in the University Halls of Residence, you agree to these terms:

      Rental period

      • It is only possible to rent
        • from the 1st or the 16th of the month,
        • until the 15th or until the last day of the month.

      You can of course check in later or check out earlier, but the rent is due for the entire period of the agreemeent.

      Rental payment

      • Check out the rental fee for the correct academic year
      • The rent is due from the start of the reserved period. The tenant is obliged to keep the living unit that was allocated for the duration of the tenancy agreement.
      • The costs for the consumption of water, electricity and heating, provision of bed linen, cleaning of the communal areas, repair service and use of internet are included in the monthly rent.
      • A monthly invoice will be sent to you by email, the deposit will be charged on your first invoice.
        Please note that there is no need to pay anything pre-arrival nor upon your arrival.

      Modifications and cancellations

      • In case you wish to change the period for which you have made a reservation, please inform us at least one month before the start of the confirmed period. After that time, requests for changing the period will no longer be accepted and the rent will be due for the confirmed period.

      • Re-applications must be submitted online and are only taken into consideration if there are no rent arrears.
      • If you cancel your application after a living unit has been assigned to you by the Housing Office, check the terms and conditions.

      • All modifications and cancellations must be done in writing, stating the reason and including the necessary supporting documents.

      Apply for a living unit

        Please contact your (future) department in order to apply for accommodation. All applications must be done by a member of staff from your department in your behalf. Please read the Terms and conditions mentioned above before you contact your (future) department.

        Please note that applications for academic year 2024-2025 can only be done from May 1 onwards.
        Find more information on how to apply on our Dutch page (Only for Ghent University personnel).

          More information?

          For more information about studios please contact , Tel. +32 (9) 264 71 32