Cost of living in Belgium
How much does life in Belgium cost?
Bicycle rent and transport
Travel to Ghent
- How to get to Ghent
- Public transport in Belgium
- Video on how to travel from Brussels International Airport to Ghent Sint-Pieters Station
Culture and leisure
At Ghent University
- Culture and leisure facilities and student associations
- Keep an eye out for news items and planned events, e.g. Welcome Days for international students and PhD candidates
- Stay up-to-date via the different information media, e.g. join a Facebook group or follow us on Twitter
- Co-operation and cultural platforms: the regional platforms bring together all relevant expertise at Ghent University concerning a certain region of focus. They offer support, facilities and advice to Ghent University community to expand existing or set up new forms of cooperation.
- Looking for a Ghent University souvenir? Find clothes and gifts in the University shop.
In the city of Ghent
Ghent is a multicultural city which is home to nationals from all over the world. If you know where to look, you will find a lot of people and organisations offering all these newcomers a taste of home.
- Leisure and culture in the city
- City of Ghent Integration Department: this department is responsible for policy on and support of Ghent's new citizens (website in Dutch).
- Multicultural centre: Since 1995, De Centrale has been growing as a unique international meeting place. Offering music, food and other activities at a wide audience.
- Expat community: InterNations
Job service for students
Ghent University has a job database in order to help students find a suitable student job.
- Child care and international schools
- Intending on bringing your family with you? Read more about the family reunification procedure
- Ironing service for staff
- Taxes and other payments requests