General FAQ incoming international students

Where can I find general welcome information?

Please check our International Student Guide for more general and practical information. 

Where do I go upon my arrival in Ghent?

If you haven’t completed your enrolment, finish this first. Please mail your enrolment request as soon as possible to

The International Support Team can help you with questions on: first steps to take, registration procedure, visa, insurance, sports, personal problems, student life, financial problems, banks, ... You can contact the International Support Team by mail or phone, or you can make an appointment. Go and find them through their contact page.

How do I enrol?

All degree students need to complete their enrolment online by contacting the Registrar's Office. Please mail your enrolment request as soon as possible to It is not necessary to wait until you have arrived in Ghent to send your request.

Are there welcome activities organized by Ghent University?

Please find all information on the welcome webpage.

Where can I find my proof of enrolment?

You can find all documents related to your enrolment in MyOasis

How can I get my student card?

When the enrolment has been completed, the student card will be sent to your address in Ghent. Please make sure you have updated this address in MyOasis

How can I get my Ghent University mail account?

Your enrolment will be done back office. As soon when we have enrolled you, you receive an e-mail with a link to activate your Ghent University Account.

More information on your account and its settings

I am an exchange student. Where can I have my confirmation of arrival signed?

Please make sure to complete your name and arrival date. Bring the confirmation of arrival to the welcome days, either at Het Pand or at the faculty. 

Where can I find accommodation?

Our Housing Office ( can help you with the search for a room.

Where can I find my faculty?

Information on the faculties

Where can I find the International Support Team?

You find the International Support Team through their contact page.

I am an exchange student. Where can I go to change my learning agreement/curriculum?

For all questions about academic matters (learning agreement, courses, exams, etc.) you can contact the faculty international officer of the faculty you are applying to. Please contact the 'FCI administrator'.

Can I take online classes?

When you are enrolled and you activated your Ghent University account, you can access Ufora where you will be able to take the available online classes. Please note that the classes have to be in your curriculum.

How do I connect to the UGentNet?

How and where can we print?

In the city there are many copy centers.

More information on the Ghent University facilities for printing, copying and scanning

Where do I go to register in the City of Ghent?

Please find all information on the website of the Migration Desk of the City of Ghent.

Can I take language classes in the University Language Centre?

Yes! We would love to welcome you in one of our classes! Would you like to find out more?

Visit our website to browse our offer and the FAQ about language courses for international students.

You can already watch this video of fellow students if you are interesting in learning Dutch while you are studying in Ghent.

I need a doctor. Where can I go?

Medical service — Info for Ghent University students (