Refugees welcome at UGent

Information for (prospective) students, researchers and staff from Ukraine, Russia and Belarus

VTHO banner

Doctoral Research (PhD)

If you already hold a master degree and you are interested in doing scientific research, you may apply for a doctoral research position (PhD).

More information


Are you a refugee and are you entitled to work?
Take a look at the job opportunities at Ghent University:

  • Jobs at Ghent University
    You follow the regular application procedure, but as a refugee you can make use of specific facilities:

    If you need to take a test, it can be done in English or French on request. You can also bring an interpreter with you during the selection interviews.

    Did you obtain your diploma outside the European Union? Then you must submit a certificate from NARIC stating the equivalence of your diploma. There is a specific procedure for refugees at NARIC.

Contact for refugees

Katrien De Bruyn
T +32 9 264 98 22